Deck the Paws Giveaway Official Rules
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by TOMLINSON-LEIS COMMUNICATIONS, LP. The promotion begins at the date noted in the contest description and ends at the date noted. Entries must be received by the deadline outlined in the contest description. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents and the station's listeners and web viewers must live in the TOMLINSON-LEIS COMMUNICATIONS, LP (DMA) viewing and or listening area which are: Anderson, Cherokee, Freestone, Limestone, Henderson, Leon, Rusk, Smith and Houston counties and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of TOMLINSON-LEIS COMMUNICATIONS, LP, the Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
3. How to Enter. Listeners post a photo of their pet on our pinned posts on KYYK and KNET Facebook pages. Winners will be selected randomly from all entries.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that TOMLINSON-LEIS COMMUNICATIONS, LP and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that TOMLINSON-LEIS COMMUNICATIONS, LP may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. TOMLINSON-LEIS COMMUNICATIONS, LP is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). No prize may be exchanged for item, transferred, assigned by the winner(s), or sold. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. There is no limit on the number of entries. All entrants will be placed in a pool and one winner will be chosen at random each weekday morning during the 7am hour.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within three days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by one month after the deadline at 5PM or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Tomlinson-Leis Communications will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Tomlinson-Leis Communications, LP if any of its media KYYK, KNET or YourEastTexas.com reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that Tomlinson-Leis Communications, LP, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Tomlinson-Leis Communications, LP. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Tomlinson-Leis Communications, LP are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Media Name (KYYK, KNET or “YourEasttexas.com”), 800 W. Palestine Avenue, Palestine,TX 75801.